Daytime reading

Whilst my current office job is a never-ending source of complaints it has also inspired some reading material that i wouldn't otherwise be drawn to.

Namely other people's stories of dissatisfaction at work and at the sim-like existence that we all now inhabit.
Some recent winners have included JPOD by Douglas Coupland...




Then we came to the end, by Joshua Ferris...


(this was quite funny.... )


and I am currently reading Affluenza by Oliver James... I haven't got very far yet though... and while his points are a bit obvious:

'constantly comparing your lot with others, especially those who have more than you, is not a perscription for feeling safe.'

It is still quite interesting, and will hopefully inspire me to clear some of my clutter and stop craving quite so many new clothes...




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails